Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Tommy Dundee

From the original owner:)
Cabo Rico 34, "Tommy Dundee": I bought my boat to use on the ocean. I have learned that this means rough seas, squalls with 45 knots of wind and conditions that can be frightening. So I define "performance" in terms of stability, reasonable speed, toughness and confidence in the boat. I frequently sail in the company of a "modern performance boat". When the going gets rough, things break. He has been towed 4 times and disabled 3 times in the last 3 years. I have never been towed or disabled in almost 7 years. Now, that's real performance. Yes, he is a little faster when he uses the main, but most of the time he is reluctant to raise it and I have never seen the main raised without a reef."

:)

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    We are the people from Mattapoisett that were moored next to you in VH on Sat. & Sun. Hope everything goes well with your steering problem goes well. If you do get to Mattapoisett let us know, you can use our car to stock up. We are heading to PTown on Wed. And will be back on the 20th for a couple of weeks then heading to Block Island and Long Island.
    Have a good trip to Maine. To harbors that are nice to visit on the way are scituate , so of Boston and Salem just No of Boston. My email is paul.silva3@comcast.net
    Good Luck,

    Paul& Phyllis Silva

    ReplyDelete